Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Two Mustards
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
These luxurious deviled eggs are surprisingly gentle (the crème fraîche mellows the mustards).
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 2 halves)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 222mg
- Cholesterol: 223mg
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or Cognac Mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard or Seeded Agave Nectar Mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh chives
- 1. Stir together crème fraîche, mustards, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne, paprika, green onion, and smoked salmon in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Scoop out egg yolks and put in a bowl. Mash yolks with a fork and stir in crème fraîche mixture.
- 3. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves and sprinkle with chives.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers