I took these to a party and they were a big hit!
Deviled Eggs with Bacon
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: 30 minutes. If you're making these the day before, chill the filled eggs in a single layer on a baking sheet; chill the bacon and parsley separately.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 0.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- 6 large eggs
- 2 strips bacon (1 1/2 oz. total), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Hot sauce
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- 1. Put eggs in a 3- to 4-qt. pan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 in. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce heat so bubbles break surface only occasionally. Cook 15 minutes. Drain eggs, cover with cold water, and let stand until cool, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-in. frying pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon until crisp and brown, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to towels to drain. Crumble when cool. Reserve 1 tbsp. bacon fat from pan.
- 3. Shell eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Put yolks in a small bowl and mash with a fork, blending in reserved bacon fat, sour cream, and mustard. Add hot sauce and salt to taste.
- 4. Divide yolk mixture among egg whites. Top with bacon and parsley leaves just before serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers