Made these today for Easter and they were a hit! I, like other reviewers, used some plain Greek yogurt and I didn't think they had a tangy taste at all. I sprinkled half with a little bit of blue cheese and some extra hot sauce and they were awesome. I would definitely use this recipe again.
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Make-ahead tip: Prepare the eggs up to 24 hours in advance, then store covered in the refrigerator or cooler until ready to serve.
Yield: 24 servings (serving size: 1 egg half)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 38
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 82mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 1 inch above eggs; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water until cool. Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and remove yolks. Discard 3 yolks.
- Combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients (yogurt through salt) in a medium bowl. Add remaining yolks; beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture into each egg white half. Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with paprika and black pepper. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note