- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 pound claw crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
How to Make It
Combine cracker crumbs and butter in a large mixing bowl; toss lightly. Add crab meat, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, egg, hot sauce, and nutmeg; stir well. Spoon crab meat mixture into 4 baking she lls or 6-ounce custard cups. Top evenly with remaining mayonnaise; sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; place crab shells 4 inches from heating element, and broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned.