- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted and divided
- 5 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1 cup melted butter, 4 cups breadcrumbs, and next 3 ingredients. Spoon crabmeat mixture into 10 baking shells or individual baking dishes.
Top servings evenly with remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs; drizzle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Turn oven setting to broil. Broil 3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.