Easy, tasty and pretty good. I used panko instead of making my own breadcrumbs. I also added canola oil mayo to the mustard and skipped the spray oil on the breadcrumbs. My chicken turned out juicy, but not very tender.
Photo: John Autry: Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 34.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 4 (8-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices French bread baguette
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with black pepper and salt; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Place chicken on rack of a broiler or roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475° for 15 minutes; remove pan from oven.
- 4. Combine mustard and red pepper in a small bowl; brush over chicken. Place bread in food processor; pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 cup. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over mustard mixture on chicken, pressing lightly to adhere. Lightly coat breadcrumbs with cooking spray. Return pan to oven. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned and a thermometer registers 165°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note