Devil's Food Cake
Community Recipe from
- 3 - 6 ounce(s) dark rum
- 3 ounce(s) chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable shortening or 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 cup(s) sifted flour
- Mix flour, soda, salt and sugar into food processor.
- Pulse with metal blade; set aside.
- Cream shortening in mixer until soft.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and 3/4 cups milk.
- Mix till well blended.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and melted chocolate, and remaining milk.
- Beat 1 minute longer.
- Pour into well greased and floured 2 9-inch layer pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Set on wire rack for 5 minutes then invert; poke holes with fork all over one side of cake and pour rum on both layers.
- Let rest for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Then frost with Creamy Chocolate Frosting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes