- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make It
Toss together first 4 ingredients.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add apple mixture, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove apple mixture, and set aside; wipe skillet clean.
Spread 1 tablespoon butter evenly on 1 side of each tortilla.
Stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread cheese mixture evenly on unbuttered side of each tortilla; top evenly with apple mixture. Fold tortillas in half over apple mixture.
Cook quesadillas, in batches, in skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with pecans before serving.