- 3 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 (5.3-oz.) package pure butter shortbread cookies, crushed
- 2 cups finely chopped roasted, salted pecans
- Wax paper
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Cook cream and bourbon in a small saucepan over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is hot but not boiling. (Mixture will steam, and bubbles will form around edge of pan.) Pour cream mixture over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute.
Stir chocolate mixture until melted and smooth. (If mixture doesn't melt completely, microwave at HIGH 30 seconds.) Stir in crushed cookies. Cover and chill 3 hours or until firm. (Mixture can be prepared and chilled up to 2 days ahead.)
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls (about 2 tsp. per ball). Roll in chopped pecans. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Chill 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
We tested with Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread.