Denver Summer Relish
Notes: If making up to 3 weeks ahead, cover and chill.
Yield: Makes 3 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 31
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 1.5mg
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, rinsed, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups diced (1/4 in.) onions
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup white vinegar (distilled, rice, or wine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 fresh jalapeño chilies (1 1/2 to 2 oz. total), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine tomatoes, onions, raisins, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and chilies. Boil over high heat, stirring often, until mixture is reduced to 3 cups, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Let cool at least 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt; stir and serve.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments