great make ahead on the go breakfast. Skip the salt. Try with English muffins rather than biscuits.
Deluxe Omelet Biscuits
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: Makes 9 servings
- 9 (2 3/4-inch) frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Bake biscuits according to package directions; set aside.
- Place butter and onion in a lightly greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 425° for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Pour into hot onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 9 (3-inch) squares. Serve in biscuits.
- NOTE: Recipe may be doubled and baked in a 15X10 inch jellyroll pan. Deluxe Omelet Buscuits may be made ahead and frozen. To reheat, wrap individual frozen omelet biscuits in a paper towel, and microwave at Medium (50% power) 3 1/2 to 4 minute. Or wrap in aluminum foil, and bake at 350' for 20 to 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch