Delta Mocha Chiffon Cake
This must-bake cake is loaded with delicious flavor. One smooth slice gets you a taste of moist cake layers, fudge frosting, and a special Chocolate-Coffee Buttercream Filling. Your guests are sure to rave.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Chocolate-Coffee Buttercream Filling
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Garnish: chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Stir together first 3 ingredients until blended; cool.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Fold into batter. Pour batter into 4 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake, 2 layers at a time, at 325° for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks covered with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent layers from adhering to racks.
- Spread about 1/2 cup Chocolate-Coffee Buttercream Filling between layers. Frost with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. Garnish, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note