Delta Hot Chocolate
Martha likes to garnish individual servings with toasted marshmallows.
Yield: Makes about 7 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1 qt. milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3-oz.) bars bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Cook first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or just until milk begins to steam. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks. Whisk in cocoa, sugar, and vanilla, whisking until blended.
- 2. Cook over low heat 5 minutes. Add chocolate, whisking until blended. Keep warm over low heat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages