- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add 1 egg and egg yolk to creamed mixture; beat well. Add vanilla, and stir well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring until smooth. Press mixture evenly into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan, and set aside.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) until foamy; gradually add brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate morsels and pecans. Spread evenly over mixture in pan. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes; cool completely, and cut into 3- x 1-inch bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note