Delicious Low-Fat Squash Casserole (Can Be Made Lactose-Free)
I took a recipe for a wonderful squash casserole that my family loved and turned it into something even more delicious and made it low-fat. You can even make this one lactose-free for those of you who have family members who are lactose intolerant. Your family will be asking for this dish all the time. Also, works great with many meals. Great for family get-togethers when you all bring your own dish.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) cooked squash (I like to use a mix of zucchini and summer squash) sliced or diced
- 6 tablespoon(s) light stick margarine (or equivalent of Butter Buds for no fat
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 eggs (I use egg substitute for no cholesterol)
- 1 cup(s) fat-free milk (or Smart Balance Lactose-Free Milk)
- 1 cup(s) Cabot 75% Reduced-Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese (lactose-free) grated
- 2 cup(s) buttery cracker crumbs (I use Town House wheat)
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- -Preheat oven to 375 F.
- -Cook squash in water until tender. Drain.
- -Stir in butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Add eggs, cheese, crackers, and onion. Stir until mixed.
- -Pour into greased casserole dish.
- -Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 44jaam and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note