Delicious & Healthy Oat Bran Pumpkin Muffins
Seriously healthy but delicious muffins everyone will love. Add blueberries for another delicious variation!!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) Unprocessed Oat Bran (Bob's Red Mill is excellent)
- 3/4 cup(s) Whole Wheat flour
- 2/3 cup(s) Splenda Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoon(s) flax seeds ground
- 1 can(s) pumkin (1 3/4 C) not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) applesauce
- 1/2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dates (chopped) or blueberries
- Baker's Joy or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 12-serving muffin pan with Baker’s Joy or non-stick vegetable spray, or use and spray your paper muffin liners. In a large size bowl, combine the first nine dry ingredients; stir well. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a medium size bowl, combine pumpkin, vanilla, eggs, applesauce and skim milk and stir well. Pour into the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add coconut, walnuts and blueberries or dates and fold into batter until they are just blended throughout the batter.
- Distribute batter equally into muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Test muffins by inserting toothpicks in the center of a muffin or two. If they come out clean, they’re done!!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Elizabeth61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note