Delicious, Healthful Sweet Potatoes
Sprinkle on a flavorful spice blend, tasty toppings, etc., but use them sparingly to avoid excess calories.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 4-6 small sweet potatoes
- Pierce 4 to 6 small sweet potatoes with a fork, place on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan, and bake at 450° for 50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; then cut ends off potatoes. Stand each potato on larger end in a small bowl or ramekin; squeeze potato, pushing pulp upward, and fluff with a fork. Add desired toppings.
- Sprinkle on a flavorful spice blend, tasty toppings, etc., but use them sparingly to avoid excess calories. Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Dried cranberries, grated orange rind, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper
- Cooked-and-crumbled turkey bacon, light butter, sliced green onions, reduced-fat sour cream, and pepper
- Brown sugar, light butter, and toasted pecans
- Roasted chicken, chopped fresh rosemary, reduced-fat sour cream, salt, and pepper
- Honey, yogurt, and toasted pecans
- Cilantro, reduced-fat sour cream, chives, salt, and pepper
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This