- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) round Italian bread loaf
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian cheese blend
- Garnishes: whole and sliced radishes, celery leaves
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients.
Cut bread loaf in half horizontally; remove center of bread, and reserve for other uses, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell.
Spoon half of olive mixture into bread shell. Top with turkey, ham, cheese, and remaining olive mixture. Cover with bread top. Cut into wedges. Garnish, if desired; serve immediately.
*1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives may be substituted.