I used this just as a starting point. Basically I sautéed the onions,made the glaze and stirred in shredded deli chicken into the pan. Served the whole dish over rice. My kids had second helpings!
Deli Chicken With Apricot Glaze
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) whole deli chicken
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add shallots, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in apricot preserves and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Brush glaze over chicken. Place chicken on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes