LOVE THIS AND ITS SO SIMPLE
Deer Valley Pecan Pie
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 564
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 6.3g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 216mg
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- 1 3/4 cups pecan halves
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter crust
- 1. Spread pecans in a single layer in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Bake in a 350° oven until nuts are fragrant and just slightly darker, about 7 minutes.
- 2. In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, cook butter over high heat just until it begins to brown and have a nutty aroma, 4 to 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- 3. In a blender or food processor, finely grind 1/4 cup pecans.
- 4. In a bowl, beat eggs to blend. Add ground pecans, pecan halves, browned butter, flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well. Pour nut mixture into the baked crust.
- 5. Bake in a 350° oven until center is set when pie is slightly shaken, about 25 minutes. Let pie stand at least 30 minutes or until cool.
- 6. Remove pan rim and cut pie into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts