YUM... I would put slices of handmade mozzarelli and vidalia onions and drizzle with balsalmic glaze. Too bad that the fresh-out-of-the-garden tomatoes are all done here.
Deep-Summer Tomato-Basil Salad
Thomas J. Story
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 25
- Calories from fat: 0.1%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 large vine-ripe tomatoes (red, yellow, and green)
- 8 to 10 basil leaves, plus a basil flower
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes
- Good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt (sea salt or kosher salt)
- 1. Slice large tomatoes crosswise and arrange on a platter, overlapping them and alternating colors. Tuck a basil leaf between every second or third slice.
- 2. Arrange cherry tomatoes in center of sliced tomatoes and top with basil flower.
- 3. Serve with olive oil and coarse salt on the side for sprinkling.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads