Deep South Collard Greens
Community Recipe from
- 3 whole(s) Ham hocks (sliced if possible)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hot sauce (like Crystal's)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Celery salt
- 1 quart(s) Water
- 2 bunch(es) Collard Greens
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, trim and discard thick stems from the collard greens. Roll up bunches at a time and slice leaves into thin strips. Place sliced greens into a sink full of cold water to remove any dirt.
- 3. Add collard greens to Dutch oven; stir. (The pot will be full, but the leaves will cook down). Cover and simmer, stirring every 30 minutes, for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4. Remove ham hocks. Remove the meat from the bones and chop. Discard the bones and any fat and skin. Return meat to Dutch oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TeeJax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes