Deep South Collard Greens
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) Ham hocks (sliced if possible)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hot sauce (like Crystal's)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Celery salt
- 1 quart(s) Water
- 2 bunch(es) Collard Greens
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, trim and discard thick stems from the collard greens. Roll up bunches at a time and slice leaves into thin strips. Place sliced greens into a sink full of cold water to remove any dirt.
- 3. Add collard greens to Dutch oven; stir. (The pot will be full, but the leaves will cook down). Cover and simmer, stirring every 30 minutes, for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4. Remove ham hocks. Remove the meat from the bones and chop. Discard the bones and any fat and skin. Return meat to Dutch oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TeeJax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note