Deep, Rich Mexican Hot Chocolate
More From Oxmoor House
- 9 cups milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bars bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream*, ground cinnamon
- Vanilla beans (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and whisk vigorously until hot chocolate is frothy.
- Immediately pour into mugs; stir a splash of coffee liqueur into each serving, if desired. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Add a vanilla bean to each mug as a stirrer stick, if desired
- *We tested with canned Reddi-wip topping. For party fun, it's quick and easy, and fun to squirt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages