- 9 cups milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bars bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream*, ground cinnamon
- Vanilla beans (optional)
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and whisk vigorously until hot chocolate is frothy.
Immediately pour into mugs; stir a splash of coffee liqueur into each serving, if desired. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Add a vanilla bean to each mug as a stirrer stick, if desired
*We tested with canned Reddi-wip topping. For party fun, it's quick and easy, and fun to squirt.