A family favorite with some changes. I use some hot sauce for pizza sauce and I top it with sliced, pickled jalapenos and black olives.
Deep-Dish Taco Pizza
This family-pleasing dish is a cross between a pizza and a casserole, and guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters.
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 306
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- Calcium: 183mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomatoes and seasoning; cook over medium-high heat 1 minute or until thoroughly heated; set aside.
- Unroll pizza crust dough. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon beef mixture over pizza crust dough.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts and edges of crust are browned. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note