- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup polenta or cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1/2 head radicchio, shredded
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella, cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- calories 299
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- fat 16 g
- satfat 0 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- sodium 1,051 mg
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 4 g
- sugars 1 g
- protein 16 g
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan, round cake pan, or pie plate with 1 tablespoon of the oil and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil. Whisking constantly, slowly add the polenta or cornmeal. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until the polenta starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the Parmesan. Remove from heat.
Spread the polenta over the bottom of the prepared pan, using a spoon to form a raised edge.
In a bowl, combine the radicchio, tomatoes, mozzarella, and the remaining oil and pepper. Spoon the mixture over the polenta. Bake for 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Tip: This crisp polenta crust can accommodate almost any pizza topping. Try arugula and prosciutto, sausage and garlic, or caramelized onions and mushrooms.