Quick & Easy. To crush fennel seeds, press them against a cutting board with a knife handle.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge).
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 43.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Calcium: 130mg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 ounces ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 2 (11-ounce) packages refrigerated French bread dough
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Cook over low heat until mixture is thoroughly heated. Set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add meat and next 3 ingredients; cook until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain and set aside.
- Coat 2 (9-inch) round cakepans with cooking spray, and sprinkle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons cornmeal. Unroll 1 package bread dough; fold each corner in toward center to form a diamond. Pat dough, folded corners up, into a prepared pan. Repeat procedure with remaining bread dough.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture over each prepared crust; top each with 1 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Romano cheese. Bake at 475° for 12 minutes. Let pizzas stand 5 minutes. Cut each pizza into 4 wedges. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes