- 1/2 (32-ounce) package frozen bread dough
- 9 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 cup chunky spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions. Press dough into a lightly greased 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan covered with cornmeal. Let dough rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 30 minutes.
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Brown sausage in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Press dough down in center, leaving a 1 1/2-inch edge.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 400° for 5 minutes. Spread spaghetti sauce in center of crust; sprinkle with sausage, mushrooms, and olives. Top with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes