- 1/2 (32-ounce) package frozen bread dough
- 9 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 cup chunky spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
Thaw bread dough according to package directions. Press dough into a lightly greased 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan covered with cornmeal. Let dough rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 30 minutes.
Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Brown sausage in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
Press dough down in center, leaving a 1 1/2-inch edge.
Bake on lower oven rack at 400° for 5 minutes. Spread spaghetti sauce in center of crust; sprinkle with sausage, mushrooms, and olives. Top with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.