I have made this recipe countless times, it always gets rave reviews! I would not make this unless you use toasted pecans. I also use Bourbon Vanilla!
Deep-Dish Pecan Pie
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle light corn syrup (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups pecan pieces or halves
- Beat 1 cup butter and cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour and 1/4 cup sugar, beating well. Shape dough into a flat disc; cover and chill 15 minutes. Roll chilled dough to a 13" circle; carefully transfer to an ungreased 9" springform pan. (We recommend covering the outside of your springform pan with aluminum foil before filling and baking this pie. It's a safeguard against leaks.) Press dough up sides of pan. Cover and chill.
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Add eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt; stir well. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pastry-lined pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°: bake 2 hours and 15 minutes, shielding pie with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill, if desired. Remove sides of springform pan to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts