- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle light corn syrup (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups pecan pieces or halves
How to Make It
Beat 1 cup butter and cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour and 1/4 cup sugar, beating well. Shape dough into a flat disc; cover and chill 15 minutes. Roll chilled dough to a 13" circle; carefully transfer to an ungreased 9" springform pan. (We recommend covering the outside of your springform pan with aluminum foil before filling and baking this pie. It's a safeguard against leaks.) Press dough up sides of pan. Cover and chill.
Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Add eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt; stir well. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pastry-lined pan.
Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°: bake 2 hours and 15 minutes, shielding pie with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill, if desired. Remove sides of springform pan to serve.