Deep-Dish Chicken Pot Pie
A flaky crust surrenders to a warm veggie-and-chicken mixture infused with a savory sauce. Even better, this makeover is smarter than the classic version. Dig deep.
- Calories: 360
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 10%
- Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Sugars: 4g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Protein: 22g
- Calcium: 4%
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup KRAFT Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans), thawed, drained
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg.)
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COOK chicken in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 2 min. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until melted. Stir in flour until well blended. Add broth and vegetables; stir. Simmer 5 min.
- POUR into 10-inch deep-dish pie plate; cover with pie crust. Seal and flute edge. Cut slits in crust to permit steam to escape.
- BAKE 30 min. or until golden brown.
- KRAFT kitchens tips:
- If you don't have a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate, you can prepare this recipe in 2-qt. round casserole instead.
- MAKEOVER - HOW WE DID IT
- This comfort food classic has 210 fewer calories, 15 g less fat and 4 g less saturated fat per serving when compared to a double-crust pot pie made with cream cheese and regular dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note