Deep-Dish Blackberry Cobbler
- 8-Inch Lattice Crust Cobbler Pastry
- 4 cups fresh blackberries or 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Divide pastry into thirds. Roll one portion into an 8-inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Roll another portion of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into an 8- inch square baking dish.
- Place half of blackberries in prepared baking dish. Top with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Cover with baked pastry square, remaining blackberries, sugar, flour, and butter.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness; cut into fourteen 10- x 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over blackberries. Press ends gently to seal strips to pastry overhang; trim edges and flute. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This