Deep Dark Fudge with Candied Ginger
A dab of wasabi paste gives this fudge an intriguing Asian influence.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste (optional)
- 1 2/3 cups 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate morsels (we tested with Ghirardelli)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- Line a lightly greased 8" square pan with nonstick aluminum foil; set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add marshmallows, wasabi paste, if desired, plus chocolate morsels, and vanilla. Beat by hand with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth. Spread fudge into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with crystallized ginger, and press lightly into fudge. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note