Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies
Cooling Time: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) bittersweet chocolate chips divided
- 3 large egg whites room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar divided
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow creme. Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend. On low speed, beat dry ingredients into meringue. Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will become very stiff).
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by missalexiam and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note