Decorated Pastry Strips
- Poster board or sturdy cardboard at least 12 x 2 3/4 inches
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces vanilla bark coating, divided
- Cut 1 (12- x 2-inch) strip and 1 (12- x 3/4-inch) strip from poster board, using a ruler as a guide.
- Unfold piecrust on a lightly floured surface; gently roll to press out fold lines. Lay the 12- x 2-inch cardboard template horizontally across piecrust; cut piecrust into 5 (2-inch) strips. The bottom cut of each strip will be the top cut of new strip; do not separate strips. Lay the 12- x 3/4-inch template vertically across piecrust; cut piecrust into 3/4-inch strips. Separate into individual pieces. (There will be about 40 2- x 3/4-inch pieces.) Arrange pastry pieces on an ungreased baking sheet 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake at 425° for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Remove half of pastry pieces on baking sheet to wire rack to cool; sprinkle remaining warm pieces evenly with powdered sugar. Let all pastry pieces cool completely.
- Microwave half of vanilla coating in a glass bowl at medium (50% power) 1 minute or until melted, stirring once; spoon into a small zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Snip a small hole in 1 corner of bag; pipe lace design (continuous string of melted coating without touching) on top side of each unsugared pastry piece. Let stand until coating is firm.
- Repeat melting procedure with remaining vanilla candy coating. Pipe a small amount of melted coating on the back of all pastry pieces; carefully press onto sides of cheesecake, alternating the patterned strips with the powdered sugar strips. (Tip: Press each pastry piece onto cheesecake as it is piped; do not allow candy coating to harden before pressing onto cheesecake.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note