Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic diced
- 2 cube(s) eggplant unpeeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup(s) no-salted-added tomato sauce divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) fresh spinach chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 cup(s) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato diced
- 10 fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella shredded
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef, onions, garlic, eggplant and carrots until meat is cooked thoroughly, about 10 min. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Then uncover and stir in spinach until just beginning to wilt.
- Meanwhile, cook fusilli according to package directions in a medium pot. Drain and set aside in a bowl. Next, cook macaroni according to package directions using the same medium pot. Drain and add to fusilli.
- In a medium bowl , stir together ricotta, tomato, basil and oil.
- In a large bowl, add beef mixture, both pastas, remaining 1/2 cup sauce and mozzarella, stirring until well combined. Then stir in ricotta mixture, until all contents are combined. Serve, garnished with additional basil leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes