Drizzled with homemade vinaigrette, ripe tomatoes steal the show in Deconstructed BLT—our twist on the traditional BLT sandwich. French baguette slices smothered in goat cheese rounds out this delicious salad.
More From Coastal Living
- 6 bacon slices
- 4 French baguette slices
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 4 cups Bibb lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook bacon until crisp; drain and set aside. Toast baguette slices until golden, and spread with goat cheese; set aside.
- 2. Divide lettuce and tomato slices between 2 plates. Whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients; drizzle over tomatoes and lettuce.
- 3. Top salad with reserved bacon and baguette slices. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note