this was perfect. moist and delicious. we substituted the chocolate liqueur for a coffee liqueur....highly recommend it.
Decadent Double-Chocolate Bundt Cake
Category Winner: Desserts, Cooking Light Ultimate Reader Recipe Contest.
"The cake has a delicate chocolate flavor, so it's not overpowering. I enjoy the special glaze the most. Although I wrote the recipe to say "cool completely," the cake tastes delicious served slightly warm about a half-hour after you have inverted it from the pan." —Barb Combs, Fort Collins, CO
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 54.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. To prepare glaze, combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cool completely.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. To prepare cake, drizzle oil into a 12-cup Bundt pan; coat pan thoroughly with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour, shaking out excess. Coat prepared pan with cooking spray.
- 4. Place 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 6 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 5. Lightly spoon 3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 3 cups flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition. Beat 2 minutes. Fold in chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Swirl batter using a knife.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately pour glaze over cake. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate; cool completely. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note