Cake is dry, heavy and I would not make it again. Given how expensive the ingredients were, I expected a much better result. I am a pretty good baker, and I followed the instructions to a tee. Wouldn't recommend it, and I was embarassed having to serve it at my husband's birthday party.
Decadent Chocolate-Lemon Ganache Cake
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Hours
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 6 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups lemon-flavored yogurt
- Heat whipping cream and 2 teaspoons lemon rind in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until hot. Add morsels, and cook 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Cool; cover and chill at least 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt unsweetened chocolate and 1 tablespoon lemon rind in a small saucepan; let cool.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended; stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture; stir in melted unsweetened chocolate mixture just until blended. Divide batter evenly among 3 lightly greased 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, beat chilled whipping cream mixture at medium speed until stiff peaks form. (Be careful not to overbeat.)
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Decadent Chocolate-Lemon Ganache Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts