This cake was very good...moist and not heavy like some banana cakes. I went exactly by the recipe. I made the cream cheese frosting with "lite" cream cheese, and it was awful...will never make that mistake again. It was wet and runny (yuck!)
Decadent Banana Cake With Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
SOUTHERN DESSERTS Finalist. DOMINO Sugar Brand Winner. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of this impressive dessert for a picture-perfect presentation.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups plus 5 1/2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1. Sift together cake flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in bananas at low speed. Increase speed to medium, and gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 5. Spread Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This