Debra's Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Combining several bread pudding recipes, I am pleased with this one, to get the consistency of my Mother's bread pudding, and the simplicity of baking directly in the oven without placing in a water bath. It's moist and tasty enough to skip a sauce. We usually top with a little whipped cream. But, for heaven's sakes, use the real stuff!
Yield: 16 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 9-10 cup(s) cinnamon raisin bread torn or cubed
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2-3 teaspoon(s) PURE vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate covered raisins
- Allow bread slices to sit out and dry overnight or at least several hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.* Place oven rack at top level.
- Spread 2 T butter onto bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch glass or pottery baking dish. Tear bread into pieces and fill baking dish. Don't crush down, it may appear too full, but that's ok. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar and next three ingredients (through 3 eggs), stirring with a whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat milk in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 180 degrees or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Remove from stove and gradually add to egg mixture, whisking gently until combined. Pour over bread in baking dish. Press the chocolate covered raisins occasionally throughout the pudding. It doesn't need a lot, but creates a delightful surprise.
- Place in oven and bake 60 minutes or until browned on top and set.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 20 minutes or so. Enjoy warm or room temperature.
- Enjoy!! 💗
- Debra Lagemann
- * NOTE: If using pottery, I always place the prepared dish into a cool or very slightly warm oven and allow the dish to heat with the rising oven temperature. I never place pottery directly into a hot oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebraLag and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes