Death by Pecan Pastry
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine vinegar, egg yolk, and, if desired, brandy; sprinkle over dry ingredients. Stir with a fork. Add cold water, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Shape dough into a ball; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place in a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray; trim off excess pastry along edges. Fold edges under, and crimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This