Death by Pecan
This buttery shortbreadlike crust forms a heavenly base for the rich and gooey pecan filling.
More From Oxmoor House
- Death by Pecan Pastry
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Prepare Death by Pecan Pastry.
- Combine corn syrup and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer just until blended. Stir in pecan pieces. Pour into prepared Death by Pecan Pastry.
- Arrange pecan halves on filling mixture. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or just until set, shielding edges of pie with aluminum foil, if necessary. If desired, serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note