Day Boat Sea Scallops with Spinach and Lardon Salad, Citrus Beurre Blanc
This recipe from the Rusty Parrot Cookbook is one of chef Arthur Jeffries’ favorites. The Wild Sage in the Rusty Parrot Lodge offers fine dining in an intimate 32-seat gathering room. http://www.jhdiningguide.com/2012/06/15/the-rusty-parrot-cookbook/
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 large scallops
- 1 pound(s) Baby spinach
- 4 ounce(s) bacon lardons rendered
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- BEURRE BLANC
- 1/2 pound(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 cup(s) white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- Heat medium sized sauté pan with canola oil. Season and Pan sear scallops until golden brown, about three minutes, turn and sear other side. Drain excess oil and use the same pan to frizzle spinach with bacon.
- For the Buerre Blanc:
- Cut butter into 1 inch cubes reserve and keep chilled. To make sauce, combine all ingredients, except the butter in a medium saucepan. Simmer sauce, reducing by 85%. Using a whisk add one cube of butter at a time until all is incorporated. Strain and keep warm.
- Place the spinach in the middle of the plate. Place scallops around the spinach, and drizzle with beurre blanc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ACinNYC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note