This salad recipe is from Louis Pappas Restaurant, Tarpon Springs, FL.
Dawn's World-Famous Greek Salad
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, jumbo fresh shrimp
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Greek Potato Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 14 pickled beets, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (8-ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 green bell pepper slices
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cook shrimp in 1 quart boiling water 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Line a large platter with romaine lettuce leaves. Mound Greek Potato Salad in center. Arrange shrimp, iceberg lettuce, beets, cucumber, and, if desired, tomato around potato salad. Sprinkle with olives and feta cheese. Top with bell pepper slices, and, if desired, anchovies; sprinkle with oregano. Drizzle with vinegar and oil just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads