Dates with Bacon
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: 25 minutes. Find Medjool dates at Middle Eastern and well-stocked grocery stores.
Yield: Makes 18 pieces; 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 122
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Cholesterol: 2.3mg
- 6 strips thin-sliced bacon
- 18 pitted Medjool dates
- 1. Cut bacon strips crosswise into about 4-in. lengths. Wrap a piece snugly around each date, overlapping ends.
- 2. Set dates, seam sides down, in a 10- to 12-in. nonstick frying pan over medium heat (you may have to fry dates in batches). Turn dates occasionally until bacon is browned and crisp on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer dates to paper towels to drain; blot dry. Serve warm or cool.
- *Make ahead: Up to 6 hours; let cool, then cover and store at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note