I got many complements on it :) It was just slightly rich for my taste but delicious!
Date, Walnut, and Blue Cheese Ball
Prepare this retro-chic snack up to two days ahead, and serve with crackers, bread, or veggies.
Yield: 14 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 78
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat buttermilk
- 5 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced pitted Medjool dates (2 to 3 dates)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add dates, shallots, lemon rind, salt, and pepper; beat at medium speed until well blended, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- 2. Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball, using a rubber spatula. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap; chill overnight.
- 3. Combine parsley and walnuts in a shallow dish. Unwrap cheese ball; gently roll in nut mixture, coating well. Place on a serving plate. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers