Date Nut Pinwheels
Grandmother Jacob's Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) pitted dates chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) butter softened
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1-3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts chopped
- Combine dates & water in saucepan & cook until thick stirring constantly.
- Cream butter & sugars; add egg & beat well. Add vanilla
- Combine date mixture & nuts
- Roll each dough portion into a rectangle
- Spread filling onto rolled out dough & roll into a tube like roll
- Chill overnight
- Slice & bake on a greased cookie sheet
- 400 degrees about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Date Nut Pinwheels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies