- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) package chopped dates
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- Powdered sugar
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over low heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Add pecans, and cook, stirring constantly, 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Stir in cereal, and cool slightly.
Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.